Boat Registrations

Information about Boat Registrations

All powerboats (including electric) must be registered while on New Hampshire waterways. In addition, all sailboats 12 feet and over are required to be registered.  Visit the New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles website for more information.

Out of State Boat Requirement - On July 1, 2019, a new law (RSA 487:43) went into effect, requiring all persons operating a motorboat that is registered in another state (other than New Hampshire) on New Hampshire public waterways, to display a New Hampshire aquatic invasive species decal from the Department of Environmental Services (DES). A motorboat means a watercraft of any size equipped with propelling machinery, whether or not the machinery is the principal source of propulsion. 

Visit the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services for more information and to purchase your decal.