D.A.R.E. Mentors, Officers, Training
Become a D.A.R.E. mentor, officer or receive D.A.R.E. training.
New Hampshire D.A.R.E. is looking for D.A.R.E. Officers who wish to go further with their D.A.R.E. training by becoming mentors. The full process consists of submission of a resume, an interview panel, one-week of out-of-state mentor training, followed by a two-week mentor shadowing at a D.A.R.E. Officers Training (D.O.T.). If you’re interested in becoming a mentor, please contact Detective Richard Perreault at Richard.J.Perreault@dos.nh.gov.
The D.O.T. course consists of two weeks (80 hours) of preparatory instruction. All police officers must complete this training before presenting the D.A.R.E. curriculum in the classroom. Arranging for this training can be accomplished by contacting Detective Richard Perreault at Richard.J.Perreault@dos.nh.gov.
Need a D.A.R.E. Officer?
Every community with an active D.A.R.E program whose D.A.R.E. Officer becomes unavailable to teach should contact the Coordinator's Office. Every department experiences unforeseen situations, such as deployment, injury, or other circumstance. The Coordinator's Office will use any resource available to assist you with any situation. Please don't hesitate to call.
New Hampshire State Police is responsible for coordinating the training for Northern New England. The Northern New England training team is comprised of Mentors from Massachussetts, New Hampshire and Maine. These Mentors are highly trained through D.A.R.E. America on recent trends, education and components of the new D.A.R.E. program in order to make sure new D.A.R.E. Officers are competent in the classroom.
Our team is comprised of:
- Facilitator: Detective Richard Perreault, NHSP
- Mentors: Deputy Scott Cyrway, Kennebec County ME Sheriff's Office (Ret)
- Sergeant. Rich McFadden, Epping NH Police
- Officer Mike Newberg, Marblehead MA Police (Ret)
- Sergeant Mark Nash, NHSP (Ret)
- Deputy Rob Morang, Hancock County ME Sheriff's Office
- Officer Aaron Woodworth, Ipswich MA Police Department
- Educator: Paul Ford (DARE America Educator of the year 2016)
D.A.R.E. Officer Training
D.A.R.E. In-Service: Exact day for 2022 TBD.
- D.A.R.E Officer Training: November 8-19, 2021. Location: Pembroke, NH
If you have any further questions, please contact Detective Richard Perreault by email at Richard.J.Perreault@dos.nh.gov.
D.A.R.E. Workbook Order Instructions
- Complete the D.A.R.E. Workbook Order Form
- Once you complete the form, attach it and email it to Amie Pratt.
- Amie will check with the Warehouse and fill out the D.A.R.E. Workbook Coupon.
- Once it is confirmed that the Warehouse can accommodate the DARE Officer, Amie will email the D.A.R.E. Workbook Coupon back to the D.A.R.E. Officer.
- The D.A.R.E. Officer will print out the D.A.R.E. Workbook Coupon and go to the Warehouse on the date and time scheduled and pick up the workbooks.